Via Facebook from a user named Eoin:
“Hey Can you show me a sample of what you email to companies in regard to getting products to review, I would love just a template I can work off for my channel”
As a blogger and reviewer, one of the biggest things that I have to deal with on a daily basis is contacting companies to try to get review units. While I cannot share with you an exact email that I send to companies, I can share with you tips on what to send companies.
- Be sure to contact the companies PR contact/department.
- Be short and sweet, not too long and not too short.
- If you have a lot of traffic, send a one-page analytics summary.
- Be prepared to get a lot of NOs or no responses.
- Don’t be afraid to send a follow up email.
- Be prepared to possibly send the unit back.
- Be honest with your review.
- Always leave an open door.
These are my tips and general procedures that I abide by when searching for review units. If you have any tips or comments on this, please share with the rest of our community.