In the United States, a laptop is stolen every 53 seconds. Â And 12,000 laptops disappear in U.S. airports each week. Â The only way to prevent this from happening to you, other than not leaving your house, putting bars over your windows and doors, or locking your laptop to a wall, is to use a laptop tracking system.
The most popular service and most reliable is LoJack for Laptops by Absolute Software.
LoJack for Laptops is a software-based theft recovery service, where in a theft, LoJack for Laptops will “track, locate, and recover stolen computers”. Â Lojack for Laptops uses top-of-the-line recovery techniques, such as GPS and Wi-Fi tracking, and Data Delete.
If all fails, you can be eligible for a Service Guarantee payment of up to $1000!
Starting at only $39.99 for a one year subscription, it’s something I suggest you getting it for whatever you do — school, work, and travel.
Not only does it have a reporting system, but it also does test-calls every day, to makes sure everything is running correctly. Â Every feature built into this award-winning software is amazing!
- Very challenging to disable.
- High monthly price tag.
- Can easily be removed by formatting the hard drive.
- Not useful if not connected to the internet.
- Runs in the background.
- Almost impossible to detect, unless you know exactly what to look for.
- Runs on Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Accurately tracks your laptop, with enough information to give to law enforcement agencies.
- Starts up as a SYSTEM process, therefore automatically opening the program on startup.
Do you use any anti-theft software? Â If so, what do you use?